May 4, 2012

Heavenly Avengers!!

 What do the Avengers,Sound Garden,my brother, and my niece have in common-Chris Cornell!! Let me tell you why.  Four years ago my 5 yr. old niece was diagnosed with brain cancer. My brother watched over her day and night. He never let her out of his sight and they did everything together. She was HIS girly!!  Their favorite thing to do was listen to music and both of their favorite Musician was Chris Cornell- Sound Garden. When she got too weak to do anything else she would draw and listen to his music. That was their thing!! Her little body fought the good fight but it was too much for her and In April of 2008 I watched my beautiful niece take her last breath on this earth and her first step into Heaven!! The grieving begins(and never seems to end). My brother's way of dealing with his loss was to put it all on paper. He wrote this amazing poem about his little girly called "I Promise It's Not Goodbye!!" Well 4 months later my brother was diagnosed with brain cancer!! What the heck?? He did what we wanted and that was to do all the treatments he could. He was hesitant because he saw what all those treatments did to Ainslee!! After months of treatments my brother said that that was enough, he just wanted to live the rest of his life as long as he could without all those harsh treatments!! They immediately put him on hospice. My brother's one wish was to talk to Chris. Through some great friends we were able to make that happen. Rory told Chris his story and about the poem he wrote. Chris asked him to send it to him. A few weeks later Chris gives Rory a call and asks him if its okay for him to put his words to music?? Heck YES!! So Chris recorded and sang the poem that Rory wrote for his girly!! Rory's dream had come true and he was so happy!! He had accomplished something that he never thought would be, and that was to be a songwriter!!  My brother also fought the good fight but his body was worn out and 9 days before his 35th birthday, his wife,son,our mom, and our sister all watched him as he took his last breath on this earth and joined his little lady!! Of course we were all devastated but he was happy and smiling holding his little girl's hand!! That's where he loved to be!! Unfortunately my brother never got to meet Chris but he still keeps in touch with Connie (his wife) and Zavier (his 16yr old son)!! He is an amazing artist, singer, songwriter, man, and friend!! We are all so thankful for what he did for Rory and what he still does for our family by being a great mentor to Zavier!! I just wanted to tell you this story because this is one reason I have such a passion for photography. I love to capture and record those memories because you just never know when that is all you will have left!! Rory and Ainslee are our Heavenly Avengers and watch over us and protect us day and night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment